Friday, January 4, 2008

The Fast and the Friggin' Old

So there's this new "anti-racing" law in Ontario. It has nothing to do with racism ya'll, it relates to actual street racing. If you're caught doing 30km or more above the speed limit, you get a hefty fine, demerit points and your car is towed right on the spot, losing it for at least a week. I agree with this law to a certain extent, because street racing is incredibly dangerous and on the rise. You can thank Hollywood for that, in my opinion. But that's a digression.

The reason I bring this up is because Ontario police have caught their oldest badguy under this new law.

An 85 year old man was caught this week doing 161km on the 407 in Toronto. That's 61 km over the speed limit. Where was he going in such a rush? Shopping. Hey, those Boxing Day sales don't last forever you know.

Good on him! I realize that speeding is deadly, but I mean... we always accuse the elderly of being slower than the second coming of Christ, so I applaud this guy.

E for Effort my man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.