Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hi, My name is Pro-Choice Taylor

When I made the decision to start this blog, I really didn't intend to include so much discussion of reproductive rights, but the Jesus-Freak anti-choice crazies seem to really be revving it up lately.

You thought this guy was nuts? Well apparently the Americans have their own version of the crazy. His name is Pro-Life Richardson.

You're waiting for the punchline, right? I wish there was one but honestly, the jokes are writing themselves at this point.

A Senate candidate has legally changed his name to Pro-Life and will appear on the ballot that way this year, state election officials say.

Yes, that's right. An abortion hatin' freak from Idaho legally changed his name to Pro-Life so that his name would appear that way on the ballot. And in case this story couldn't get any funnier and weirder, he's running in the riding to replace disgraced US Senator Larry Craig. Yeah, that Larry Craig.

Idaho: I used to only know you for your potatoes, but now you will forever be in my heart for consistently bringin' the crazy.

Yes, the photo you see on the right is of Mr. Pro-Life. He looks frighteningly similar to Larry Craig. Must be an Idaho thing.

2 comments:

LCV said...

In an interesting update, apparently there is some concern over whether or not voters will mistakingly vote for "pro-life" and another candidate believing that they are merely voicing their opinion on abortion and not knowing that is the name of a candidate. This, obviously, will spoil their ballot. So, perhaps this cah-razy idea will work in our favour.

Anonymous said...

lol if I ever run I'm changing my name to "vote for me!" Why not?